2007/2/23, Rex May <[log in to unmask]>:
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 04:41:01 +0900, MacLeod Dave <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >Um...this one: "There's no problem with people continuing to speak
> >small languages.
> >The problem is with their resisting their offspring learning, in
> >addition, more useful, larger languages."
>
> I guess I don't see your point.  The sentence is
> true, isn't it?   And that resistance is pretty
> central to the IAL problem.

Not really. I've yet to meet a person that hasn't thought the idea of
themselves or their offspring speaking a major language to be
something undesirable. Everybody likes the idea of knowing one more
language. There is no such active resistance - the only 'resistance'
is the difficulty of the language, as well as its usefulness.

--
http://wiki.galbijim.com