On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 8:27 pm, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>>  "Tio estas la viro, kiun ni vidis."  The relative clause is OSV.
>>

> Sasxsek has no relative pronoun as such, with such clauses being offset
> by a conjunction.
>

> 	zo ren ta mofo mi vid.
> 	this be-person that I+you previously see.

I don't quite see how the "that" fails to count as a relative pronoun.

>>  Well, "hejme" is an adverb, and the 'n' adds directionality
>>  to it.  You
>>  would not use "al hejmon."  It's either "al hejmo" or "hejmon" or, as
>>  I've been saying "hejmen".
>
> It just seems strange to put direction on anything but a substantive.

I don't know if the adverbial form dates back to Zamenhof or came more
recently.  I can't offer anything more than my personal impression that
it has overtaken the noun-based accusative of direction.  The adverbial
-en is almost, but not quite, a dative case.

Todd Moody