Den 2007-02-25 01:34:42 skrev Donald J. HARLOW <[log in to unmask]>:

> As a Swedish report showed a couple of weeks ago, it would be better to
> keep going in the native language of the student rather than switching
> to a secondary language of instruction. However, one may suppose that it
> is easier (though perhaps more expensive) to import textbooks than to
> develop instructional materials locally. In the long run, a false
> savings, I suspect.

In higher levels you will anyway have to switch to English. The problem is
education, I think. And it seams that people prefer to go through a book
by hard work than having to wade through a translation that you will have
to wait for.

But in some disciplines researchers have to fight in order not to lose a
domain where Swedish can be used to English. In the general discourse it
is important that everything can be said and discussed in Swedish. So it
is not an easy situation.

Kjell R
--
Använder Operas banbrytande e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/mail/