--- "Donald J. HARLOW" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

"So we have concluded that every friend of the idea of
an
international language must join with Esperanto and
work for its
dissemination, and that everyone who fights against
Esperanto must be
viewed as an enemy of the idea of an international
language."

This is a response to quite an old post, but I was
taken somewhat aback by this quote from one of the old
letters written by Zamenhof. It is a proposal for the
resolution to be passed by the international
commission. I guess we have to take into consideration
that this was taking place a hundred years ago, and
people were somewhat less tolerant of the idea of
diversity and more inclined toward efficiency. But
still, it strikes me as fairly intolerant.

Jens Wilkinson
Neo Patwa language: http://patwa.pbwiki.com

Need Mail bonding?