We see approximately 42,000 patients/year in our Peds ED. Age limit is up to 21. We are a designated pediatric trauma center and treat all trauma patients 21 and under in our separate trauma room. The trauma surgeons will see those age 15 and above and the pediatric trauma surgeons will see those 14 and under. We also treat all 21 and under OB patients who are less than 20 weeks gestation. Those that require further evaluation are transported to our Women's Hospital. We have a separate peds ED, with separate waiting room, though still have a common entrance. The adult side evaluates approximately 80,000 patients/year.

Dennis A. Hernandez, MD
Tampa, FL

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:11 PM
Subject: Age Limit in your Pediatric ED

I was wondering what the age limit is for pediatric patients in your ED if you
have a separate pediatric ED from the Main Adult ED? Also, what is your cut
off for major trauma patients? And how do you care for your pregnant
patients?

Please describe your type of setting (academic, community, teaching, etc)
and what your pediatric volume is?

Thank you
Konstantinos Gus Agoritsas, MD
Brooklyn, NY