I am very interested in putting panel together (three papers of 30
minutes) for the TEI Members Meeting at University of Maryland 1-3
November 2007 on the theme,  broadly conceived,/ TEI Education./ Topics
may include:

*strategies for teaching TEI at university level;
*TEI training strategies;
*educational strategies outside a classroom setting (best practice
documentation, self-study materials)
*the TEI Guidelines as a self study tool: strengths and weaknesses
*ways of approaching teaching the Guidelines: is it a theoretical
approach, or a standard?

Please send a title, a 500 word abstract, and your contact details to
Susan Schreibman (details below) by 30 March. Please get in touch with
me if you have further questions or suggestions about the panel. For
further details about the meeting see
http://www.lib.umd.edu/dcr/events/teiconference/index.html

susan

--