I'd say this is pointless, unless you have a research interest in
precisely this phenomenon (meaning of highlighted text). There are a few
simple cases, like <title> and <foreign>, and these might be useful for
searching. Your examples could perhaps be argued to be <mentioned> (as I
see now Julia does for the first one).

But in any text, there are a million things that are of semantic
interest of which we do not try to capture the meaning at the encoding
stage (such as: choice of words, word order, etc.). Why then should we
have to capture every shade of significance in the case of highlighted
text?

I'd stick to <hi> for these cases and not feel very guilty about it.

Best,
Peter