On 3/20/07, auliuniv <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Now, we want to throw in regular languages, not IALs to test?
Well, if that is the suggestion to divert the reason for the test, then by all means, Esperanto
MUST be included.

The reason for the test, since I suggested it, was to compare the intelligibility of Interlingua and Occidental to people who have studied neither.  It could be interesting to see if either language, or both, would do better in that respect than any natural languages such as Catalan, etc., but my only reason for suggesting it was to compare Interlingua and Occidental in terms of their a prime vista intelligibility.

Todd Moody