-----Mensaje original-----
De: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] En nombre de Ed Oakley
Enviado el: lunes, 16 de abril de 2007 4:49
Para: [log in to unmask]
Asunto: Fever in kids on antibiotics

Here in Melbourne we are wanting to update our clinical practice
guideline
for management of fever in children. We wish to include a section on the

management of the child with ongoing fever who has been on antibiotics
for
24 hours or more.

A search of publications, guideline clearing houses and the Internet has

not provided any existing evidence to support a given practice.

Can I ask the list what the practices are in other institutions, and for

individual thoughts. Do all these kids need septic work up? Do they all
need LP? Is watchful waiting reasonable?

Any thoughts or information would be appreciated

Ed

Ed Oakley
Paediatric Emergency Physician
Department of Emergency Medicine