Pediatric Emergency Medicine

The Department of Pediatrics at Duke University Medical Center is seeking
two faculty members to join our new Division of Pediatric Emergency
Medicine.  Candidates should be board eligible or board-certified in
Pediatric Emergency Medicine.  We are a new Division with ambitious
clinical and academic goals. This month we moved in to a new, 18-bed,
dedicated pediatric emergency department located adjacent to the adult
emergency department and the Duke Children’s Health Center. We are a Level
1 Trauma Center.

Responsibilities will include patient care, education of pediatric and
emergency medicine residents and quality improvement.  Research is
encouraged but not required. Protected time for research or other academic
activities will be negotiated based upon interest and prior productivity.

The Department of Pediatrics at Duke has a long history of excellence in
patient care, graduate and undergraduate medical education, and clinical,
laboratory and health services research.  The Department of Pediatrics is
in a period of significant growth.  The successful candidate will benefit
from resources and a stimulating, collaborative environment within the
School of Medicine, the Department of Pediatrics, the Division of
Emergency Medicine in the Department of Surgery, and across the Duke
campus.

Interested individuals should send a curriculum vitae to:

Clay Bordley, MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Acting Chief, Division of Pediatric Hospital & Emergency Medicine
Room 5241 Duke North
DUMC Box 2801
Durham, NC 27710
Voice: 919-681-1850