Je 08.09 ptm 2007.04.03, Dave MacLEOD skribis (responde al mi)

>How so? As a speaker of a language derived from Middle English, I
>would certainly prefer that be a major language in some country than
>Russian if I had to choose between the two, much in the same way that
>you've stated that you would prefer Ido as the world's second language
>if the only other choice was no IAL as a second language at all, ever.

I don't remember whether I've ever made such a statement, but I won't
hesitate to make an even more general one: I would prefer Ido as the
world's second language if the only other choices were English,
Russian, Interlingua, similar languages, or no IAL as a second language at all.

Luckily for my peace of mind, this is not a choice I have to make. ;-)

As to desiring that Middle English be a major language in some
country or other, simply because I speak a language derived from it:
I myself couldn't give a flying fig, and don't understand how anybody
else could, either. I'm pretty sure that the average Haitian doesn't
even think about the matter.

-- Don HARLOW