Je 07.40 atm 2007.04.04, Rex MAY skribis
>On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 13:27:09 -0700, Donald J. HARLOW <[log in to unmask]>
>wrote:
> >
> >Mia onta edzino
> >Mia estonta edzino
> >Mia iam en la estonteco edzino
> >Mia edzinigxonto
> >

>Is "Mia baldawa edzino" possible?

Certainly, but it means something different, namely that something is
going to happen not in the future but in the *near* future.

>Seriously, I'm fascinated by this notion.  It's clear what
>
>La dormanta hundo
>
>means, and I'm curious about
>
>La dormasa hundo.
>
>Possibilities are:
>
>1.  It's a prohibited form, but that contradicts the protean
>flexibility of Eo.

It's not prohibited, it's simply far from canonical.

>2.  It means the same thing as "la dormanta hundo."   And that would imply
>that the Vnt endings are sort of superfluous.
>
>3.  It means something somehow different than "la dormanta hundo."  Which I
>guess is similar to the distinction between "gxi estas bona" and "gxi bonas,"
>which I still don't grasp.

This is, I think, the best explanation.

The difference between "gxi estas bona" and "gxi bonas" is
essentially the difference between the answers to the questions

"Kia gxi estas?"

and

"Kion gxi faras?"

i.e., "name a characteristic of the thing you're talking about" and
"tell me what the thing you're talking about is doing".

-- Don HARLOW