I'd like to add a quick note about geography: Pierre Burton often
stated that Canada is a long thin country, much like Chile, one that
just happens to have a large backyard. It's somewhat disingenuous to
pretend that a language only spoken by a few thousand people should be
given preference to a language like French simply because it covers a
large area, given that in this large area what we find is mostly a lot
of nothing. If we are talking about a language that is to be useful to
the average user, simply considering geography will do no good; we
have to look at movement patterns, where people go and what language
they are likely to use there.