> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kjell
Rehnström

> Objection your honor!
>
> Imagine you have a guy standing 20 yards befor you and this
> guy is turning
> his face toward a tree. Wouldn't we say that he is standing
> before the
> tree. We will say that he is standing behind the tree, even
> though facing
> it, if he has a sub-macine gun in his hand and is wating by
> the side of ta
> road, where the tree is like hiding him... or he is hiding
> behind the
> tree. Or?

This one also is a matter of perspective.  "Behind the tree"
means the tree is between him and some already-understood
reference point where "before the tree" would put him between
the tree and this same point.  So the issue isn't the
terminology but where is the reference point that we are using
to relate those positions.