Paul Roser wrote:

> Piraha is certainly an interesting language. For more on the language and
> the controversy surrounding it --
>
> Jeffrey Pullum's languagelog has several entries discussing Piraha,
> including:
>
> http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/003162.html
> http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/003162.html
> http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/004387.html
>
> (the last one includes discussion about the current debate over this
> language)
>
> Everett's paper for Current Anthropology with comments from a number of
> linguists as well as Everett's response is available at:
>
> http://ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/EverettPiraha.pdf
>
> Suzette Haden Elgin (linguist/scifi writer/conlanger) comments on her
> blog:
>
> http://ozarque.livejournal.com/366196.html?thread=6873204

I haven't read it yet, but the Apr. 16 issue of the New Yorker also has an
article, "The Interpreter" by one Joseph Colapinto. Some nice photos too.
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/toc/2007/04/23/toc_20070416 has only the
current issue (Apr.23); maybe some of you can figure out if previous issues
are also available.