On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 07:50:35PM -0700, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> More than most do at that age. And 1988-lang was still a fairly
> impressive language for that time. Did you translate that into
> linguistic terms just now (aorist and such)? Otherwise, where did you
> find such without Wikipedia and such?

I sure did translate!  You should see the original descriptions.  Here,
I'll put some in:

'Qualitative marker; "this is what it does" or indefinite time' is the
original description for the particle known as Aorist.

'Marks a thing as an amount of a thing, such as water, rather than
singular or plural' is the original description for "mass noun".

At the other extreme, "should" and "can" were the original glosses for
the particles I dressed up as "obligatory" and "abilitative".

Thanks for your interest!

Amanda