[log in to unmask] wrote:
> In a message dated 4/28/2007 11:19:21 AM Central Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>

>> Interestingly my dictionary points out that the adverb to
>> _politic_ is _politicly_, so obviously the rule that
>> adjectives in _-ic_ insert _-al-_ before _-ly-_ may be
>> overridden in such a case, which begs the question why it
>> should be continued at all!
>>

> Actually the word is spelled "politically".  Your dictionary must be
wrong.

Nevertheless, you have "publicly" rather than "publically", so Benct’s
question still stands.

Also, I was reading an BBC article today about simulating a mouse brain
in a computer, and the researchers who did it are quoted as saying:
“they had seen 'biologically consistent dynamical properties' emerge as
nerve impulses flowed through the virtual cortex”. I would have expected
“dynamic properties”.

--
Tristan.