Hi,

Matahaniya ang Jörg Rhiemeier <[log in to unmask]>:

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 23:59:05 -0400, Amanda Babcock Furrow
> wrote:
>
>> In 1988, a 14-year-old highschool sophomore, I ran
>> across the idea of polysynthetic, verb-based languages
>> in the encyclopedia, if I recall correctly. [...]
>>
> This is much more than what I could manage at that age
> (even more than what many other conlangers achieve in
> adulthood).  When I was that young, my conlangs were
> euroclones - all I knew back then was German, English and
> Latin, and my conlangs looked like that, too.

Frankly I wasn't even interested in conlanging back then. I
only started conlanging when I was 16, and of course, my
first conlang was essentially a clone of German with some
odds and ends and a horribly inconsistent sound.

Ayeri still lacks linguistic background and a couple of
complicated twists (such as several conjugations and stuff),
but I don't feel like recreating it from scratch.

Kind regards,
Carsten

--
"Besonvenyonangang ayena nudeng inunsegasyéna."
 -- Segakáryo Litayarim

Pinena, Yangtim 14, 2316 ya 06:16:42 pd
Sunday, April 29, 2007 at 03:27:51 pm