Martin Mueller wrote:
> Can someone point me to an explanation of all the DUMMY stuff in P5
> dtd's? I assume it's provisional stuff of some kind, but I don't
> really know what it is provision about.
If a content model says   "model.global*, model.foo+, model.global*",
and the class model.foo has no members (and so expands to ""),
the model of "model.global*,model.global*" is not allowed in a DTD.
So I replace that model.foo with "DUMMY_model.foo", and that
makes the DTD valid.

If in doubt, move on from DTDs.

--
Sebastian Rahtz