http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/teideb/tei-Ubuntu.iso is an image of a TEI
customization
of the Ubuntu Live CD (Feisty series) for Intel PC. Grab a copy, make a CD
from it, reboot your PC from the CD, and you should find yourself
in a nice Linux system with the latest and greatest TEI-everything
installed.
It includes a state of the art eXist XML database system running with
various
TEI documents preloaded.

I make these CDs mainly for teaching purposes, but it can also be used
as an install medium to set up a new computer with a running Ubuntu
system.

As I have said before, if you have some nice software which should/can be
be on here, let me know.  There are three conditions:
 * it can't need _too_ much space
 * it must have an open source licence according to OSI definitions, and
    data files must be completely free (no "nocommercial" clauses)
 * it must be set up as a Debian package or something close (no "its got
   its own copy of Tomcat and Java with it")

--
Sebastian Rahtz