Hi there,

Ralph Cleminson wrote:

>> I don't really see how a quote could turn up inside bibliographical
>> > info. Could we see an example?
>> >

> How about:
> N. S. Demkova, "Iz komentarija k tekstu 'Slova o polku Igoreve': 'sego
> bo nyne stasha stjazi Rjurikovy, a druzii -- Davydovy'", Trudy Otdela
> drevnerusskoj literatury 55 (2004), pp.162-172, in which the second
> phrase within single inverted commas is a quotation from the text which
> is the subject of the article?

I think in a case like this, in which bibliographical information
appears as part of the flow of text, interspersed with other text
including the quotation itself, I would do one of two things: either
wrap the two halves of the bibliographical info in two separate <bibl>
tags, linked in some way, and mark the quote with a <q> or <quote> tag;
or leave the bibliographical information unmarked in the body of the
text, but link the quote to a full bibliographical record elsewhere (in
the references or bibliography section of the document).

It's very common for the flow of text in an academic article to include
information like this arranged in such a way that the standard
reason I'm tending these days to favour linking all bibiographical bits
in a text to formally-structured <biblStruct> records, so that, no
matter how fragmentary or partial the in-text information, the full
record can be supplied in a mouseover or a popup at all points where
it's required.

Cheers,
Martin