On Wed, 23 May 2007, Don G wrote:

> Well, in classical Latin "actor" originally meant just
> someone who did something.
>
> So, this is another example of the kind of dilemma
> that faces LsF: Should it just take the words in the
> dictionaries of Latin or should it accept words that
> are alive in the modern Romance languages and English?
> IALA's Interlingua opted for the latter.

My own take is that LsF should go with the Latin.  After all, that is
what it is: Latin stripped of (most of) its inflections and regularized
as to its syntax.  If you want to go with the modern Romance languages
and English, then learn and use IALA Interlingua, Romanova, Lingua
Franca Nova, Eurolengo, Neo, Intal, or any other neo-Romance IAL.  But
they aren't Latin.

--
Paul Bartlett