Je 08.58 atm 2007.05.26, Cvi Solt skribis
>Don, the article was written in 1999, not 2007.
>

>Cvi
>
>When I first learned Esperanto, in around 1959, I was told that
>Esperanto had peaked and then disappeared in the 1920s. In the 1970s,
>I learned that it had peaked, and then pretty much disappeared, in
>the 1950s. It is no surprise for me to learn, in 2007, that it
>peaked, and then pretty much disappeared, in the "heady days" of the 1970s.

Yes, I noticed that later. See my comments in "reago" -- I've been
expecting this for some years now. As I mention there, I suspect that
the Esperanto speakers in 2030 will be chagrinned to discover that
Esperanto peaked and then pretty much dissappeared in the first years
of the 21st century ...

-- Don HARLOW