"Isn't Colemak doomed to irrelevancy like Esperanto?

The main difference is that in order to communicate you need to find other people that speak
the same language. You don't need to make other people switch keyboard layouts in order to
use Colemak. It takes significantly less time to learn a keyboard layout than it takes to learn a
language. I'm hoping Colemak will eventually overtake Dvorak, but unfortunately QWERTY
will continue to be the standard."

Interesting comment, don't you think, found at:

http://colemak.com/FAQ#What.27s_wrong_with_the_Dvorak_layout.3F

This is why I prefer Occidental. I don't have to look for Occidental speakers to talk with
others.

Esperantists have really never satisfactorily answered this problem for them. They tap dance
around it by claiming numbers of "speakers" around the world, and no other IAL has that
number. For some reason they can't grasp that numbers like that mean nothing when one
person with Occ can communicate with almost anyone they meet within vast areas of the
planet. So, in that case, there is no need to have thousands or "two million" Occidentalists to
visit while touring foreign countries. Is that so hard to grasp?

And, I think the above quote shows that this is still a problem outsiders to Esperanto easily
see that the Esperantists can't quite grasp.

Bob
Robert Petry
Occidental (Cosmoglotta Biblioteca) http://www.interlingue.com
Occidental (Cosmoglotta Weblog) http://www.cosmoglotta.com/wpress