Well, I live in an area where we have two basic language groups. I have no trouble with the
Spanish speakers. Just the Americans who speak English only and don't or won't learn
anything else. And, as I've explained, I talked with a fellow from Morocco who did not speak
English or Spanish or Occidental, and we both understood each other. You forget, the native
speaker recognizes that the person he is talking to is not Spanish, or whatever, and they then
go into a mode of as simple as possible, and begin to mimic the Occidental.

Paul, I respect your opinion on this, however, my actual experience says otherwise. This is
not just a "claim" without backing. Nor am I the only one who has had this experience. Even if
in the worst case scenario you can bring up, I can still communicate with more people that
way than Esperanto ever could, and even English.

And, I'm not saying it works in every case, to not work would in many areas be an exception
and not the rule.

No matter your opinion Paul, I can go anywhere and do two way communication with other
language groups which cannot be done with Esperanto under the same conditions as easily,
if at all.

The difficult one to do this with is the IAL oficionado who either doesn't want to believe it can
be done, or who ignores over a hundred years of it being done. Just because Occidental
doesn't have in it what an IAL buff wants does not mean it doesn't work in the real world. It
does, and by my experience there is not a person on this planet that can dissuade me
otherwise by speculation. I've done it. And, others have also. I don't speak from singular
experience, i.e. mine alone. It works as I said and that can't be undone.

Bob