Donald J. HARLOW skrev:
> For me as an American, at that time the pronunciation of o-slash (oe)
> was not easy. This is why the Danes delight in hearing foreigners such
> as myself attempt to name that delightful breakfast dish "roedgroed
> med floede paa" (the softened 'd' and the occasional glottal stop
> don't help, either).
Yes, where to put the glottal stop is difficult. You can state that you
are from the island of Bornholm, the people there are said to have no
glottal stop.

> Of course, glottal stops are as rare as hens' teeth in planned
> languages, and no major planned language since Volapuk has included
> the oe-sound in its phonology.

Let's hope there will not be an international auxiliary language where
glottal stops are differ the meaning of a word if they are there or not.

Kjell R