HARLOW
> Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 15:30
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Wikipedia in Planned Languages
>
> Je 10.28 atm 2007.05.22, Dana NUTTER skribis
> > > [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Donald J.
> >HARLOW
> >

> > > Actually, the original Ceqli article was deleted,
> > > too; there was something of a flap about it at the time.
> >
> >It's back then, in several languages.
>
> Yes, such is the value of persistence -- and finding a way of
beating
> the criticisms that were levelled against the original
article.

> (IMHO the vote to delete the original article was carried out
badly.
> As far as I could tell, the article actually _won_ the vote,
but
> apparently the powers that be decided that at least some of
the
> positive votes were from "sockpuppets", apparently a term
describing
> somebody voting under an alias who has also voted under his
own name
> and perhaps under other aliases. Since my vote was one of
those
> apparently attributed to a "sockpuppet", I was understandably
> a little miffed.)

I don't think the "voting" is the deciding factor anyway.  I
think their moderators (or whatever term they may use) make the
judgement calls and except for the most popular, conlangs are
generally frowned upon by Wikimedia, though at one time, those
with even a few speakers were tolerated.