> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Donald J.
HARLOW

> I think that comparing some new IAL wannabe to other planned
> languages is not necessarily a bad thing to do, but you have
to do it
> right. Namely, don't compare it to, let us say, Esperanto, but
> Esperanto, Ido and Interlingua, all taken as outdated equals;
that
> way, you're not going to redirect your interested party to
some other
> particular planned language, and at the same time you can say
"I did
> this better than any of these earlier attempts did." (*)

I would expect that anyone interested in learning an IAL whether
is be Ido, Interlingua, etc., would probably have already heard
of Esperanto.  It's definitely plays a prominent role in the IAL
movement and is tough to ignore.  Given that, it's only natural
that someone looking at the alternative languages may want to
know how they stack up against the goliath.