Donald J. HARLOW skrev:
> Je 08.58 atm 2007.05.26, Cvi Solt skribis
>> Don, the article was written in 1999, not 2007.
>>

>> Cvi
>>
>> When I first learned Esperanto, in around 1959, I was told that
>> Esperanto had peaked and then disappeared in the 1920s. In the 1970s,
>> I learned that it had peaked, and then pretty much disappeared, in
>> the 1950s. It is no surprise for me to learn, in 2007, that it
>> peaked, and then pretty much disappeared, in the "heady days" of the
>> 1970s.
>
> Yes, I noticed that later. See my comments in "reago" -- I've been
> expecting this for some years now. As I mention there, I suspect that
> the Esperanto speakers in 2030 will be chagrinned to discover that
> Esperanto peaked and then pretty much dissappeared in the first years
> of the 21st century ...
Supposing that Google in their beginning couldn't get translations in
other languages than English, then there should have been time for an
auxiliary language like Interlingua or Esperanto, but the auxlangs are
no spearheads in communication, they come in when it is too late, and
most of them are, at anyh rate, propagated in the one and only lingua
franca...

Kjell R