Well, in classical Latin "actor" originally meant just
someone who did something.

So, this is another example of the kind of dilemma
that faces LsF: Should it just take the words in the
dictionaries of Latin or should it accept words that
are alive in the modern Romance languages and English?
IALA's Interlingua opted for the latter.

Don

____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.