> > [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
> Donald J.
> HARLOW
> > Oh, I definitely agree. The term I use for
> Esperanto is
> "touchstone"
> > (against which other IALs and IAL wannabes will be
> measured
> and -- I
> > expect, though others may not -- be found
> wanting).

I wanted to ask about this, but couldn't find the
original message. Thankfully, the prolific Dana quoted
this.

When you say "found to be wanting," are you primarily
thinking of something intrinsic about the language, or
do you mean it more as "they will be found wanting
because they don't have many speakers?"

If you mean the first, I think would be quite an
interesting question to consider, though the second
would not.

Jens Wilkinson
Neo Patwa language: http://patwa.pbwiki.com

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/