On Mon, 28 May 2007 08:12:56 -0700, James Chandler <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I would like to encourage everyone to contribute to
>Wikipedia in at least one IAL of their choice.  When I
>look around I cannot see any better opportunity we
>currently have to promote and increase exposure to
>IALs.  If you do contribute, make sure you insert an
>InterWiki link back to the English version, which will
>then get picked up by a friendly bot which fills in
>links to all other languages.  That way users of many
>language versions have a chance of clicking through to
>see what "Ido" or "Novial" or "Interlingua" is.

I'm not sure about this. When Dave was doing the quasi-weekly Wikipedia
contest, I participated, but I think it's mostly helpful for at-sight projects. And
although he said (as I recall) that he got started in Ido through Wikipedia, I
suspect that isn't common. Posting on Youtube is more likely to succeed, or
doing a Franka-type comic and posting about it not here but at some comic
strip group or site. I've considered contributing to the various auxlang
Wikipedias, but I just don't see that it delivers much return.

Steve