Last posted: September 22nd, 2003

> From: Christopher Wright <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Late! I'm so sorry! Can you ever forgive me?
> 1. obedient
> It is a joy to have obedient children.
>
> 2. family
> That contributes greatly to the peacefulness of a family.
>
> 3. thought
> A thought and a kind word do as much, though.
>
> 4. politician
> A politician might have the kind word, but never the thought.
>
> 5. civility
> Thus government contains the trappings, but not the substance, of civility.
>
> 6. civilization
> Does this mean that government is not a part of civilization?
>
> 7. to move
> If you don't like it, move to Cuba. It's not any better, but they're
> honest.
>
> 8. to meet
> A ConlangCon is a place for conlangers to meet and discuss olives.
>
> 9. existence
> It also establishes the existence of various conlangers more certainly.
>
> 10. feelings
> No hard feelings, but I can't be sure any of you are actually people.
>

> All right, I'd better stop before my tongue pokes a hole through my cheek.
> ~wright

Bonus Vocab from WordNet:
This is randomly selected automatically, so in case it offends you
or you disagree, please either ignore or be inspired to make up
different words and/or phrases:

  - Avogadro, n.
    Italian physicist noted for his work on gases; proposed what has come to be
    called Avogadro's law (1776-1856)

  - sit back, v.
    settle into a comfortable sitting position

Fiant verba!

----
If you want to post your own weekly vocab, please do not send it to
the list directly.  To prevent unbalanced amounts of new vocab, send
it to <[log in to unmask]> in order to enqueue it in the
regular weekly posting process.  Just write a mail as if addressing
the list directly -- it will be forwarded as is.