In a message dated 6/16/2007 12:05:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> > Has anyone worked with reverse English (which when recorded and played
> > backwards, is heard as normal English)?
>
> Do I understand this correctly: 1. record a text, play it backwards
> 2. learn the backwards text, and record it
> 3. play that recording backwards (outcome should be normal language).

Not entirely.
Recording an utterance and playing it backwards are only a test to determine
how good the initial production is.  The goal is to treat reverse English
(elsewhere called hsilngE) as a separate language, albeit one which is 1-to-1
mappable to English.  I believe the mappability breaks down at units larger than a
sentence.

stevo   </HTML>