In the last episode, (On Sunday 01 July 2007 03:44:58),
[log in to unmask] wrote:
> In a message dated 6/30/2007 10:50:11 AM Central Daylight Time,
>
> [log in to unmask] writes:
> > wanted to do without relative, coordinate and subordinate clauses, and
> > use participles and the like instead, I had no idea how to go about it.
>
> From your example it looks like you are not eliminating any of those types
> of clauses, but only changing the form.  The relative clause reminds me of
> Chinese and Japanese.
>
> stevo   </HTML>

Yes, that would probably be more accurate. The model is Chinese, Japanese and
other languages that are restricted to one finite verb per sentence, not
Piraha!

Jeff
--
"Please understand that there are small
European principalities devoted to debating

                            -- Cameron Laird