In the last episode, (On Thursday 05 July 2007 19:03:52), Paul Bennett wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 13:47:18 -0400, Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>
>
> wrote:
> > On 7/5/07, Jeff Rollin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >> Thanks. I already have a non-conlang-related blog on Google and I like
> >> their
> >> blog software; I think blogger and LiveJournal are probably going to be
> >> the
> >> front-runners. I will probably decide based on which has Python software
> >> for
> >> updating and modifying the blog (most client software seems to use PHP
> >> and
> >> Ruby, neither of which I'm much interested in learning, at least atm.)
> >
> > As far as I know both sites offer a web service API.  Clients can be
> > written
> > in any language and no doubt already exist for Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.
> > Possibly PHP as well, although it's more of a server side language than a
> > client-side one.  I guess if you want to make your own website talk to
> > theirs that would be a way to go . . .
>
> There are many existing, ready-made local clients (plenty of them are
> FLOSS), though I find the plain ol' web-based direct-posting interface
> easy to use and far more convenient than making sure I've got the right
> client wherever I go.

Sorry for the confusion, as usual it's me who's got his wires crossed. I'm not
TOO bothered about Python clients (as I now understand them) but I would like
to be able to extend the blogging API I'm using. I'm coming to the conclusion
that if I want to blog, using a blog service (with or without writing more
code) is best, and if I want to learn how to do a website, doing a
(non-bloggy) website is best. (No reason why it couldn't be a blog, but using
a blogging service would be SO much easier. And three blogs is probably one
too many for anyone who can't afford to not work for a living without living
off the state.)

Thanks for all the replies, again.

Jeff
--
"Please understand that there are small
European principalities devoted to debating

                            -- Cameron Laird