On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 13:47:18 -0400, Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> On 7/5/07, Jeff Rollin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks. I already have a non-conlang-related blog on Google and I like
>> their
>> blog software; I think blogger and LiveJournal are probably going to be
>> the
>> front-runners. I will probably decide based on which has Python software
>> for
>> updating and modifying the blog (most client software seems to use PHP
>> and
>> Ruby, neither of which I'm much interested in learning, at least atm.)
>
> As far as I know both sites offer a web service API.  Clients can be
> written
> in any language and no doubt already exist for Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.
> Possibly PHP as well, although it's more of a server side language than a
> client-side one.  I guess if you want to make your own website talk to
> theirs that would be a way to go . . .

There are many existing, ready-made local clients (plenty of them are
FLOSS), though I find the plain ol' web-based direct-posting interface
easy to use and far more convenient than making sure I've got the right
client wherever I go.

http://www.livejournal.com/download/?platform=all

Paul