* John Vertical said on 2007-07-10 09:21:13 +0200
> As far as the *sound* itself goes, I think the vowel and stop
> inventory issues are just sidetracks; but IMHO a simple
> improovment might be a chain shift of z
> > r, r > w:
>
> / ur ri dinkmaukuud ou
> limrau don nudiu
> maukiau don maid
> mriau don ed
> mairim wm dinkmaukuud
> loknd mlou rn ryukom ri wouk (or maybe /ryykom/?)
> ur lymkiaud ri dolk
> wm r lymkaud ri dolkwar
> ur kondriauk rim lolr rik
> lwo mkun rim lolr
> riin dn mkwar maukiaud
> ur kndaud
> ur kkald
> wuruud /

Ooh, you could sing the blues to this... could just chainshift the
consonants that do not start or end a word...

Ura zi dinkmaukuud or
Limrar don nudir
Maukiar don maid
M'riar don ed
Mairim ram dinkmaukuud
Lokand m'lor zn zyukom zi rouk
Uz lymkiaud zi dolk
Ram z lymkaud zi dolkuaz.
Uz kondriauk zim lolz zik
L'uo m'kun zim lolz
Ziin dan mkuaz maukiaud
Uz k'ndaud
Uz kkald
Ruruud

Then if we run a "cherman"-filter on the codas... (wouldn't
change the orthogrpahy, only the phonetics...)

Ura zi dinkmaukuut or
Limrar don nudir
Maukiar don mait
M'riar don et
Mairim ram dinkmaukuut
Lokant m'lor zn zyukom zi rouk
Us lymkiaut zi dolk
Ram z lymkaut zi dolkuas.
Us kondriauk zim lols zik
L'uo m'kun zim lols
Ziin dan mkuas maukiaut
Us k'ndaut
Us kkalt
Ruruut

Hmm, now it looks like a cross between Basque, Inuktitut and
Some Romance Lang Or Other(tm).

Harmonization (voiced to voiced, voiceless to voiceless) of
clusters would then give:

Ura zi dingmaukuut or
Limrar don nudir
Maukiar don mait
M'riar don et
Mairim ram dingmaukuut
Lokant m'lor zn zyukom zi rouk
Us lymgiaut zi dolk
Ram z lymgaut zi dolguas.
Us kondriauk zim lols zik
L'uo m'kun zim lols
Ziin dan mguas maukiaut
Us k'ndaut
Us kkalt
Ruruut

Minimal change, no need to change the orthography again
actually. This was fun :)

t.