On 7/11/07, Sai Emrys <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On 7/11/07, Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > > Yet another war with the WP deletionists (who seem to be almost
> > > entirely non-conlangers). Sigh. :|
> >
> > This apparently isn't so much of a problem on other language's Wikipedias;
> > some of them have the opposite problem, including non-notable conlangs.
> > E.g.,
> >
> > http://eo.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gj%C3%A2-zym-byn
> >
> > (I nominated it for deletion last year but was outvoted. :)
>
> .... you AfDed your own conlang? O.o

Applying even the more generous criteria proposed in the WP:CONLANGS
draft policy (which was never adopted anyway), it still seemed to
me that gj-zym-byn wasn't encyclopedically notable.  But apparently
the criteria for conlangs (and perhaps minor topics in general?)
on the E-o Vikipedio are even more generous than the most
inclusionist conlangers on the English Wikipedia ever dared
to propose -- the idea being that Esperanto speakers are
on average more interested in conlangs than English speakers.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/gzb/gzb.htm