On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 20:13:40 -0400, Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Jeffrey Jones wrote:
>> One problem is I think I'd have to go as far as a PhD to get employment
>> from it.
>>
>Even then, there's no guarantee. Alas, many are called, few are chosen.
>
>With an M.A., you might find a job teaching freshman comp. at a Community
>College.
>
>Sorry to be so negative.
>
>Roger Mills, Ph.D (linguistics, Univ.of Michigan 1975, and a fat lot of good
>it did me-- but it _was_ a wonderful experience, among the best 7 years of
>my life.)

Hi Roger,
Right now my situation is very negative. I don't think going for a PhD in Music
composition would be any better, especially since I haven't composed anything
in 20+years (otherwise I might be headed for Tuscaloosa). And computer
science is probably out of the question, given the level of my math skills.

Jeff