Hi,

Matahaniya ang Benct Philip Jonsson <[log in to unmask]>:

> Paul Bennett skrev:
>> This is only semi-on-topic, but here's the closest
>> thing to a good place to ask I know of, what with all
>> the Albologists(?) and Scandinavians littering up the
>> place ;-)
>>
>> Is there a Tengwar mode for Icelandic? If so, a URL would
>> be great.
>
> Yes but I haven't published it! :-)

I still wonder whether I should transcribe <á> as a long
'a', <é> as a long 'e' and <ll> as a geminate 'l' etc. or if
I should transcribe it phonetically and write 'au', 'je' and
'tl'. And then of course, there's <ó> which would get 'ou',
i.e. the 'o' above the consonant and the 'u' under it. Or
should I combine 'o' and 'u' into a single glyph 'ou'? That
refers to writing Icelandic with Tahano Nuhikamu course, but
it also goes for writing Icelandic with Tengwar, because
both writing systems are abugidas ;-)

Regards
Carsten

On a side note: I wonder how you write for example [e:] (the
thing that looks like long 'e', or rather twice the
diacritic for 'e', is 'ai' according to the Unicode names)
and multiple vowels in succession in Devanagari, e.g. like
in <Kilauea>. Also, what are the Candra forms good for? And
Nukta and Avagraha [sp?]? Omniglot doesn't say anything
about those. Benct? Others?

--
"Besonvenyonangang ayena nudeng inunsegasyéna."
 -- Segakáryo Litayarim

Tingraena, Rayam 12, 2316 ya 01:34:18 pd
Monday, July 16, 2007 at 08:19:31 pm