Wow, do I see the beginnings of YAEPT?  It's been a while. :)

In fluid speech the /t/ in "crafts" disappears for me.  It seems to be
more likely to survive in the plain word than in compounds like
"craftsman", but only barely.  Most of the time it's gone.  Though not
forgotten - the [s] at least *feels* a bit more dental than in, say,
"carafes".

On 8/4/07, Philip Newton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On 8/4/07, caeruleancentaur <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > I'm sure that's meant as a generalization, but just to set the record
> > straight, I always pronounce the /t/ in "crafts" and in "craftsman" no
> > matter how rapidly I'm speaking.  I just can't imagine saying "crafs."
>
> Same. (Influenced, possibly, by German with its /ts)/ phoneme.)
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Philip Newton <[log in to unmask]>

--