I haven't progressed much with Azurian lately. I am still struggling
with the phonology and sound laws. The trouble is that I don't have
much evidence to go by, since most of the names I have is stolen from
Norwegian phonebooks or similar, with an emphasis on the western
ones. But I do have some place names. And some of them give a clue or
two.

For example, Sauga seems to imply that final /D/ is retained, unlike
most of mainland Norway, and subject to change, at least when
followed by a vowel morpheme. Hmm, if /D/ turns to /g/, if that's
what the g stands for, what then happens to the original /g/?

Another interesting example is Ostedal, which I believe is from ON
Austrdalr. Urianian also has /au/ -> /o/, so this is strongly
indicative of a substrate effect.

River names tend to end in -a, which I reckon may be from ON . But
lake names also do have this tendency. This could be from Middle
Urianian -ap. Possibly this indicates that the Azurians will drop
final /p/ as well as changing final /D/ to /g/.

At least this is something to go by. But can I create a whole
language from it?

LEF