Den 5. aug. 2007 kl. 04.36 skrev Eric Christopherson:

> It's also /G/ in Scottish Gaelic. I've always figured /D/
> originally developed to /h\/, parallel to the development of /T/
> to /h/, and then shifted to the similar /G/... but that's just my
> theory. I like those sound changes, especially the /T/ > /h/ one.

That is interesting. I have something similar in Urianian. IE /gh/ -
 > /G/ -> /h/ -> //, with the /h/ retained in the easternmost dialect.

I'm not sure what a /h\/ would sound like. I'd almost be tempted to
classify it as a vowel, or at least a semivowel.

For Azurian I am thinking of a change /D/ -> /d/ like in western
Norwegian and then /d/ -> /g/. Probably exclusively for root-final /
D/. It should be possible, at least if it doesn't lead to too much
confusion with other roots ending in /g/. It may be an isolated
change, but it could be a process changing other final stops and/or
fricatives as well. Or perhaps making the original final stops be
subject to i-affection and/or causing some effect on the following
phonemes, such as breaking. For example:

/boD/ -> /bog/
/bogi/ -> /boji/
/boga/ -> /bogja/

Parallel to this I would also like:

/boT/ -> /bok/
/boki/ -> /boCi/
/boka/ -> /bokja/

Or perhaps something entirely different, whatever will seem to work.

LEF