Hi!

caeruleancentaur writes:
> >Henrik Theiling <ht@...> wrote:
>
> >  N' prinkepi  era parul, i   parul era ku   De, i   De  era parul.
> >  in beginning was word   and word  was with God and God was word
>
> I am visiting family this week and don't have my Greek Bible with me,
> but I'm certain that the Latin says, "In principio erat Verbum, et
> Verbum erat apud Deum, et Verbum erat Deum."

I used Biblegateway.com for several versions and they do not agree
about the order.  The Greek there has: 'En archee een ho logos kai ho
logos een pros ton theon kai theos een ho logos' (same at
greekbible.com).

The Latin had: 'In principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et
Deus erat Verbum.' (same at vatican.va).

Same order for German and some others, but e.g. the Espanol
Reina-Valera 1960 has: 'En el principio era el Verbo, y el Verbo era
con Dios, y el Verbo era Dios.'

I tried to be as literal and original as possible, so I used the Greek
version as much as possible, followed by the Latin version.

> I hope that I have not misunderstood your translation.

No, not at all.

BTW, I changed the past tense of 'es' from 'era' to 'fu' today.  So
the above line is now:

  N'prinkepi fu parul, i parul fu ku De, i De fu parul.

**Henrik