John Vertical wrote:
>> On 8/6/07, Elliott Lash <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>> Then this was frequently lossed completely,
>> Now that's a cute misspelling! And not even so unjustified (i.e. I can
>> see how it could have been derived by analogy, for example).
>>
>> Worthy, perhaps, of a John Vertical :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --
>> Philip Newton
>
> ...Should I parse that as "a johnvertical-smiley", or what? The "worthy of"
> would seem to discourage an analysis as a simple synonym for "cute
> misspelling"...

As "a person like John Vertical (in some unspecified way)". The
unspecified way, of course, is your habit of spelling with a non-
standard orthography. Hence, it means:

Now that's a cute and not unjustified misspelling, which might be good
enough to be used by someone who, like John Vertical, uses a basis other
than the standard to determine their spelling scheme.

It is a fairly normal expression in English.

--
Tristan.