2007/8/16, auliuniv <[log in to unmask]>:
> On 16 Aug 2007 at 2:26, MacLeod Dave wrote:
>
> > A Wikipedia with an inflated number of bot-created articles also
> > gives
> > the opposite impression that numbers usually do - makes the
> > language
> > community look a bit desperate and perhaps even dishonest.
>
> BINGO!!!!
>
> You hit the whole problem. Desperation by those who just cannot permit anyone or any other
> IAL to surpass them. This has been the history of the whole IAL movement since Vol.
>
> Bob

Not just that, but also looking desperate to those on the outside as
well. Sometimes it's quite obvious that a language doesn't have the
speaker population that it claims to have.

One reason why I really like the Afrikaans Wikipedia. Not an auxlang,
but it has some amazing detail in its featured articles for a
Wikipedia with barely over 8,000 articles:

http://af.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duitsland
http://af.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helsinki
http://af.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnus_%28planeet%29

I think IALs would do well to adopt a similar approach if they want to
be accepted by those with a scholarly bent.

--
http://wiki.galbijim.com