Hi again,

At 04:54 PM 9/18/2007, I wrote:
>But the real benefits come with new stylesheets. There, you don't
>have to worry about migration, you get all the 2.0 benefits up
>front, and you learn the slight differences along the way. (Ah, I
>see Martin has just said as much.)

Another thing I should add -- I am perfectly happy to see beginners
and occasional users sticking with 1.0. It still works, and unless
you get fancy, nothing you do won't apply equally well if and as you
find yourself writing 2.0. The languages are that close.

Then, if you find yourself pushing the edges of what's easy and
natural in XSLT 1.0, you can start looking at 2.0 features. For most
beginners, this involves grouping problems. Sometimes, it's because
you need to start pipelining.

But Mulberry still teaches XSLT 1.0 in our intro course, and I don't
expect that to change any time soon. We ordinarily don't even discuss
2.0 features until after students have gotten the hang of template
matching, which is what accounts for the power of both versions of XSLT.

Cheers,
Wendell