I've just tested it and I am really pleased.
I do not use this kind of facilities
myself (I do prefer to manage the code), but at CCH we had used this kind of features in the past for project partners and, in my experience, is really helpful, especially at the beginning.
I dare say this seems to work better than any other editor with WYSIWYG I ever tested, both because of the path given at the top of the main window (so you don't get lost) and because the element tab is able to assist in insert new element not only at the cursor, but also before and after the current element that, in WYSIWYG-like environment, is helping in avoiding to insert tags in the wrong position. I love the insertion of images!

I know that many of us will not use this, but I agree that having a quick glance to the possible output is really useful, especially when dealing with complex markup, not only because it helps in detecting possible semantic errors in a quick visual way but also, from a psychological point of view ("ah! that's why I am struggling so much with such an XML!").

Thank again to you folks, great job!

Elena

George Cristian Bina ha scritto:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">Dear friends,

We made available a beta version of oXygen 9, please help us testing it
http://www.oxygenxml.com/download-beta.html

The new version adds tagless editing support based on CSS and it includes ready to use support for TEI (P4 and P5). That support includes also built in custom actions similar with what you find in a word processor
- make bold, italic, underlined
- insert section, paragraph, image
- insert lists and list items
- insert tables, rows, columns and cells

To switch in tagless editing mode just click on the Author tab in the editor (next to the Text and Grid tabs). Then you can navigate/move inside the document and you will see a position tooltip that indicates where you are in the markup. Just type to edit the content and press Enter if you want to enter markup. A content completion like popup will appear and you will be able to type to select a proposal. Attributes are edited in the attributes view on the side.

There were also improvements in the error reporting when validating against a Relax NG schema, so this is important if you work with P5. Incomplete error messages like:
 - required attributes missing
 - required elements missing
 - unfinished element
were improved to actually specify what are the missing attributes or elements that are expected.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina - http://aboutxml.blogspot.com/
http://www.oxygenxml.com