-----Original Message-----
From: TEI (Text Encoding Initiative) public discussion list on behalf of Dan O'Donnell
Sent: Sat 9/29/2007 11:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Extracting and sorting index verborum using XSLT and tei:foreign?

I'd like to thank all who've helped me out so far. An almost-due-grant
is keeping me from trying them  out as they come in, but I hope to get
to them tomorrow.

As to XSLT 1.0/2.0: I have no preference. I'll probably be using php for
processing them so it depends on whether 2.0 is supported easily for
now. I'll look.

Unfortunately, the libxml/libxslt libraries which PHP utilizes do not support Xpath 2.0 or XSLT 2.0. About a month ago, someone posted a comment to the php.net pages positng a solution to the problem... he created a php class that serves as a wrapper to executing saxon transformations from the command line. The link is here:

http://xslt2processor.sourceforge.net/

Ive played with it a bit, and it might suit your needs if you are not envisioning an overwhelming number of highly complex, simultaneous transformations.

------
Jarom McDonald
Assistant Research Professor
1163 JFSB